Skip to content
How it works –
- One bag of litter (plastic, paper, tin, glass) = 1 token
- The materials make their way back to retailers or recycling plants.
- Retailers then stock token shops so the consumers and L4T communities can purchase more goods to survive = circular economy and a win-win for all – the retailers, consumers and the environment!
- Each token shop costs R8 000p/m ($400) OR 1600 bags at R5 a bag
- 1600 people employed across 7 communities (Kwadukuza, Ethekweni, Mpumalanga, Estcourt, Richards Bay, PE and East London).
- Participants see a value in the litter and don’t dump it in the rivers.
OUR IMPACT –
- instill pride while also educating, cleaning up the communities, and preventing the plastic from entering the environment our ocean.
- create jobs and empower people across the country
- enable the youth of South Africa through education
- break the cycle of poverty and inequality in their lives
- Litter4token positively addressing climate change, global public health, and global poverty at the same time
- We want to grow across South Africa other African nations as well as in the USA and across the world.
- We need a partner to help us become more sustainable and fund our token shops across the country but every bit helps as we can only do this together! No amount to small!
- Government and Private sector partnership
- Support for our Mermaid Tear Catchers and data collection the sale of these which helps stock our token shops across the country
- Volunteers & recycling partners